Name for this Cake
Dr. Seuss Birthday Cake
Tell Us the Overall Theme of the Party, if it AppliesDr.Seuss
What Was the Occasion for this Cake
I made this for my son's 7th birthday. This is the first time I made fondant from scratch. I used Michele Foster Fondant recipes and it came out really good - good texture, and good taste. I am so happy that I don't have to buy those store brand fondant anymore. Dr. Seuss' birthday was close to my son's birthday, and my son's special request was to have a Dr. Seuss cake, so I made this cake. I drew the Cat in the Hat on dry fondant with food color. I used a toothpick to draw because it is sharp and I don't have a paint brush. Thing 1 and Thing 2 were made out of fondant too.
What Were Your Steps for Making this Cake
1. Make fondant a week before
2. Bake the cake
3. Cover it with icing and put it in Refrigerator for over 5 hours
4. Roll fondant and cover the cake
5. Make small figures with fondant - Thing 1 and Thing 2
6. Draw a cat in the hat on dry fondant with food color
7. Decorate cake with small figures and a picture
Tips and Tricks
- When you make a fondant, you do need to knead a lot to get a good texture to work with.