RSVP and Etiquette
By Donna Pilato
What does RSVP mean? Why does those initials cause so much confusion? How should you use the term in your party invitations?
- The Meaning of RSVP
- A Trick to Make Sure Guests RSVP
- Online Services to the Rescue for Invitations and RSVPs
- RSVPs - It's a Matter of Timing
- What About "Regrets Only" Instead of RSVP?
Other Etiquette Rules and Issues for Entertaining
Parties are all about having fun and sharing that fun with friends. Keep the good feelings going by following these etiquette guidelines, designed to make your guests feel comfortable. And if you're the guest, here are pointers on ways you can show your appreciation to your host.
- Is it Rude to Bring an Uninvited Guest to a Party?
- Is it Okay to Host a Party and Asks Guests to Pay?
- Is it Polite to Ask Guests Not to Smoke?
- Give Your Guests a Proper Goodbye
- Top Ways to Be a Good Guest
- Joining in a Family's Grace at a Meal
- How Do You Deal with Rude Houseguests?
- How Do You Make a Toast?
- How Soon Should You Expect a Thank You Note for a Gift?
- Is It Bad Manners to Pick Up a Fallen Piece of Silverware in Restaurant?
- Create a Memorable Guest Book
- The Do's and Don'ts of Thank You Notes
- Teaching Children the Importance of Thank You Notes
- Etiquette of Funerals and Mourning Rituals
- Take the Entertaining Etiquette Quiz