Make your pool party the hottest in town by following these easy tips that will take you from the invitation to the final dip in the pool.
Setting the Stage
Begin to set the stage with your invitations. Print your invitations on aqua blue colored paper stock and send them in a mailing tube. Include inexpensive diving sticks in the package and toss in some tropical or aquatic confetti (found in party stores) for fun.
You're Invited to Dive in for Fun at the Smith Pool Party!
Saturday, July XX, 2:00pm until 10:00pm
Bring bathing suits and towels.
RSVP by July XX at 111-222-3333
Set the mood with a non-stop selection of your favorite beach or tropical tunes. Possibilities include:
- Bob Marley's Legend - Set the mood with the classic reggae sound from the original master.
- Beach Boys' Sights and Sounds of Summer - Few musicians remind me of summer as much the beach boys.
- Jimmy Buffet's Meet Me in Margaritaville - The Ultimate Collection- You'll find that there are at least a few Parrotheads lurking among your guests.
- Cover the table with a sunny yellow cloth.
- Use blue plates and drinkware.
- Create a centerpiece using yellow flowers such as daffodils or roses.
- Provide sunscreen for guests who may forget to bring their own.
- Create areas of shade with umbrellas if your pool area doesn't have shady trees.
- Be sure you have enough chairs for your guests. If not, ask guests to bring a chair when they RSVP.
- Stock up on fun pool toys including beach balls for impromptu pool volleyball; floats; and water guns.
- You'll need plenty of ice for this party!
Party FavorsSend your guests home with an after-sun body lotion wrapped in a cello bag tied with ribbon. Toss in more of that fun confetti you sent with the invitations.
Here's a buffet that will keep your guests feeling cool and refreshed while keeping you out of the kitchen during your party!
Serve a selection of refreshing drinks including iced tea, bottled water and classic frozen drinks such as Pina Coladas, Margaritas or Daiquiris.
Tortilla chips with your favorite salsa.
Mango and Shrimp Wraps - These cool, tropical wraps will have your guests asking for the recipe.
Thai Chicken Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce - This spicy recipe comes from the queen of quick cooking, Rachael Ray.
Greek Salad - The ingredients in this recipe will hold up well since there's no lettuce in this salad.
Fresh Fruit Kebabs with Dip - Diana Rattray, About's Guide to Southern Food gives you a selection of fruit dips from which to choose.
Key Lime Tarts - Easy to make and luscious to eat.
Pina Colada Ice Pops - These make ahead bars are non-alcoholic.
If you'd like to find more of Donna Pilato's advice on hosting parties and entertaining friends and family you can visit her at The Delicious Dozen.