Setting the Stage
- Cover your table with a blue table cloth reminiscent of the surf.
- Create a centerpiece by placing a tall pillar candle on a metal tray and piling around it your seaside treasures such as driftwood, pebbles, seaglass, and shells.
- Serve your seafood on a large, seashore themed platter such as the Lobster Serving Tray .
- Use clean, large clam shells for placecards by writing your guests names on them in puffy or fabric paint.
- Play your favorite summer songs. I like "Sounds of Summer, Very Best of the Beach Boys," .
Vodka or Gin and Tonic - A classic summertime cocktail.
Oysters Saute - A savory appetizer to start your meal.
Deviled Clams - No seafood feast would be complete without a clam recipe.
Cuban Shrimp Soup - Add a little Latin flavor to your seafood dinner.
Tomato Cucumber Salad - Enjoy as many summer tomatoes as you can while they're in season!
Grilled Corn on the Cob - Deepen the flavor of corn by cooking it on your grill.
Yankee Doodle Sundae - This recipe is perfect for any of the summer holidays, or any time you feel like showing your American colors.