There's no jollier symbol of autumn than the familiar pumpkin. And what fun it is each year to plan just how you'll decorate the seasonal charmer! Will you carve a scary face? Draw a friendly smile? Try a more ambitious approach such as drilling holes and decorating with lights? Whichever design you choose, invite a few friends to join in the fun by hosting a Halloween pumpkin decorating party.
Setting the Stage
- Invite your guests to the party using one of these charming, free printable or digital jack-o-lantern invitation images.
- Cover your worktable with a plastic or disposable table cover. This is messy work, so you don't want to spoil your fine linens.
- Provide a selection of pumpkins, at least one for each guest.
- Lay out an assortment of carving tools. Pumpkin Masters usually has just the tools for the job.
- Supply an assortment of markers, paints and even crayons for the kids at your party.
- Decorate the room in true Halloween fashion with spooky owls, ghosts, bats and seasonal candles.
- Play Halloween horror music in the background.
- Send your guests home with small party bags of Halloween candy to get a jump on the trick-or-treaters.
Cheddar Cheese Fondue with assorted dippers such as bread, apples, and vegetables