Capers and oregano add a burst of flavor to the traditional tuna salad. Celery adds the crunch for texture.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10 triangle sandwiches
- 10 small, thin slices wheat bread, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 can albacore tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7 cherry tomatoes for garnish (optional)
Prepare the bread by spreading a thin layer of butter on one side of each slice.
Break up the tuna in a medium size bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix together well.
Divide tuna salad between 5 slices of bread. Cover each half with another slice of bread and press down. Cut each sandwich on diagonal and place on serving plate. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.