Egg Salad sandwiches are popular tea sandwiches. This recipe adds a little green onion or chives for a boost in flavor and a color accent.
- 2 small slices white bread, ends trimmed
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1.5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion or chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 twists of a black pepper mill
Chop the hard boiled egg into small dice. Using a fork, mix in the mayonnaise salt, pepper, and chives or green onion. If a smoother consistency is desired, press with back of fork while mixing. Spread egg mixture on slice of bread and top with the other slice. Make a diagonal cut across sandwich to make two triangle tea sandwiches.