The Bottom Line
- This is a collection of creative, portable recipes.
- Another example of Jackson's original wit and clear passion for food.
- The recipes require minimal ingredients and are simple to prepare.
- None found.
- A collection of 120 recipes that are suitable for picnics or other parties.
- Book is liberally peppered with Jackson's tips for easy preparation, storage and serving.
- Recipes include drinks, soups, salads, snacks, main dishes and desserts.
Guide Review - Good Day for a Picnic, Simple Food that Travels Well by Jeremy Jackson
Jackson sets the stage by giving us a little history of the picnic, tips for the essentials worth packing and a variety of ideas for locale. He offers recipes for starters, beverages, salads, lots of hearty main course dishes, and several choice tidbits for desserts. Every recipe has a story and many come with transport and serving tips. Finally, don't let yourself be limited by the word "picnic" in the title. These recipes will work great for potlucks, beach parties, church suppers and any time you need to bring along a dish or two.