As you gather your supplies, consider giving a theme to the wreath such as yellow ducks, frogs, bears, etc. If the mom knows the theme of the nursery, you might want to go with that. Choose ribbons that will coordinate with the theme's color, and even look for diapers that match the theme. Here are the supplies you will need to get started creating your diaper wreath:
- Approximately 20 size 1 disposable diapers. The number will vary depeding on the size of your wreath frame. Give the extras to the mom-to-be.
- A wreath frame purchased in a craft store. Can be anywhere from 12" - 18". I used an 18-inch wreath in this tutorial. The wreath can be any material, but it should be strong enough to support the items that will be attached at the end.
- Approximately 20 feet of narrow ribbon for tying the rolled diapers to the wreath frame. You'll need approximately 1 foot per diaper.
- A large completed bow, or wide ribbon to create a bow, for attaching to the finished wreath.
- Scissors for cutting the ribbon.
- Adhesive tape for securing some of the tied items in place.
- Assorted baby necessities such as pacifiers, teething rings, bibs, receiving blanket, baby utensils, and a large toy for hanging in the center.