My friend Lori gave me this recipe a few years ago and now whenever I'm looking for a sure-fire party hit, I can turn to these appetizers.
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 - 3 green apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- small round of Brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Toast French bread slices on baking sheet in oven until golden.
- Remove rind from Brie, and slice into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Slice green apples into thin slices.
- Mix walnuts, brown sugar and melted butter together.
- Top each slice of bread with a piece of brie, a slice of apple and top with walnut mixture.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake until cheese melts. Watch carefully so that cheese doesn't burn.