Here's all the information to include on your next written invitation.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 5 minutes
- Names of party hosts or sponsoring organization.
- Type of event (birthday party, business networking meeting, etc.).
- RSVP date and phone number.
- Any special dress requirements from black-tie to bathing suits.
- Rain date (if any).
- Be specific about who is invited, whether addressee only, with guest, or with spouse and children.
- Always send written invitations for formal events such as business gatherings, formal dinners, and special occasions like showers, weddings or events honoring someone.
- If guests are not from your local area, include a map to location of event.
- Send anywhere from 8 - 2 weeks in advance depending on formality of occasion. Weddings require the longest lead-time; casual dinners and brunches require the least.