You will need these supplies to get started "baking" your diaper cake centerpiece and/or gift:
- Approximately 50 medium size disposable diapers. The cake in this tutorial uses 48 diapers, but since diaper brands vary in size, I'd keep a few extra on hand. You can always give the extras to the mom-to-be in a separate package.
- You'll need a large platter on which to build the cake. I used a 16" disposable cardboard platter that was sold in the party store.
- About 70 feet of narrow ribbon for tying the rolled diapers (1 ft. per diaper), and tying together the tiers.
- Approximately 8 feet of 1" wide ribbon for finishing the tiers.
- One tall baby bottle.
- Small candies to fill the baby bottle.
- Adhesive tape.
- Assorted baby necessities such as pacifiers, teething rings, combs, brushes, rattles, bibs, etc.