The Bottom Line
This collection of recipes solves the problem of our busy lives leaving no time for home-made desserts. These easy recipes can be made in those little pockets of time that do arise on occasion.
- A fabulous collection of easy, do-ahead desserts.
- Gorgeous, tempting photos of many of the pies.
- No baking required except briefly for the crusts.
- None found.
- 100 recipes for pies, crusts, sauces and other toppings.
- Beautiful full-color photos of many of the pies.
- Each recipe has a great synopsis of the taste of the finished product.
Guide Review - Icebox Pies by Lauren Chattman
This is an irresistible collection of make-ahead desserts. With flavors ranging from chocolate to fruit pies, there's always something to suit your mood. Some recipes will require stovetop preparation, others only require an electric mixer, and a few need nothing more than a big wooden spoon. This book proves that using quality, fresh ingredients beats a mix any day, and yet doesn't need to take any extra time. The instructions are straightforward and will leave you confident of the results. While the cool, creaminess of these desserts are perfect for a hot summer day, these pies will be desirable year-round. This book has earned a prominent, easy-to-access place on my kitchen bookshelf.