The Bottom Line
This is another funny and delicious book from author Jeremy Jackson.
- This is a lovely selection of straightforward desserts.
- Jeremy Jackson will appeal to those who enjoy a side of wit with their recipes.
- Directions are clear and uncomplicated.
- There are no pictures except for the cover.
- 60 tasty and interesting desserts, along with a few extra basic, multi-purpose recipes.
- An introduction to basic ingredients and baking supplies written in Jackson's direct style.
- Introductions inspire you to take the time to prepare the recipes, since you can't wait to eat them.
Guide Review - Desserts That Have Killed Better Men Than Me
After the dedication Jackson showed to cornbread in his first book (The Cornbread Book), it was hard to believe he could find another love. But it turns out he also has a passion for desserts. He covers the basic dessert categories including fruit desserts, custards, pies, tarts, cakes, cookies, frozen desserts, and others. Most of these recipes have a reasonable number of ingredients and are simple to prepare, but the results are far from simple. You'll discover a layering of flavors and textures that have been combined to create very satisfying desserts. Although some recipes seem familiar on the surface, there's often an unusual twist to spice things up, such as the Coconut-Lime Coolers, or the orange zest in the Apple Galette. And despite Jackson's unashamed use of butter and cream, dieters don't need to worry. A small portion of any of these desserts will leave you satiated and able to walk away without overindulging. What more could any dessert lover ask for?