Sample Project from "Entertaining Edibles" by Sidney Escowitz
- 2 lemons
- 2 allspice berries
- red radish
- sharp paring knife
- On work surface, position lemon on side to form fish body. If it rolls, trim away a small slice to create a flat bottom.
- Cut a round slice from second lemon. Towards back of fish body, cut small slit; insert round slice to form fin.
- Also from second lemon, cut small, quarter-moon-shaped slice of rind. Make small incision in top of fish; insert rind to form head.
- From lime rind, cut two same-size rounds; attach to front with toothpicks to form fins.
- Also from lime rind, cut two small circles; attach with toothpicks to form eyes. In centers, attach allspice berries.
- Cut small slice of radish; attach with toothpick to form mouth.
Copyright 2004 Sixth&Spring Books
Photography by Jack Deutsch