Little Touches to Add Merriment to the Festivities
- Ask each family to bring a wrapped ornament to the party for an ornament exchange with the group.
- Choose your holiday music in advance and have it playing when your friends arrive.
- Spray your rooms with holiday scented room fragrances or burn holiday scented candles throughout your home. However, keep the scents out of the buffet area - let the food be it's own festive scent.
- Hang mistletoe in strategic locations.
- Prepare a special area for the children to play. Arrange a few holiday craft activities if the children are old enough to manage them. Or ask the children to plan a performance of Christmas carols to be sung after the meal.
- Don't forget a special holiday centerpiece for your buffet table.
- Add special holiday beverages to your menu, whether or not they include alcohol.
- Send your guests home with a little favor you've made such as a cookie dough ornament or a little sachet of Christmas potpourri tied with a festive ribbon.
Note: The following menu can be adjusted for a large crowd ranging from 20 - 40 guests. Simply increase the quantities of bread items and the salad, and give multiple assignments of the casseroles to your friends, depending on number of guests anticipated.
A Christmas Season Brunch for a Crowd
Baked Ham in Champagne - An extremely easy recipe for your buffet.
Gravlax - Served with small slices of pumpernickel, chopped red onion, and capers.
Goose N Berry Inn Baked French Toast - As part of a buffet, this recipe will serve many more than the 6 that is indicated.
Hash Brown Casserole - This large size recipe will be great for feeding a crowd.
Blueberry Streusel Muffins - Bake these in mini muffin cups and reduce bake time.
Assorted bagels, cream cheese, butter and preserves.
Honeyed Fruit Salad - The colors in the fruit make this a very festive looking dish.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake - You can't get more decadent for the holidays than this.
Coconut Layer Cake - Decorate with mint leaves and cranberries for an extra festive presentation. Assorted juices, coffee and tea.
English Christmas Punch - A festive, flaming punch from Colleen Graham, About Guide to Cocktails.