1. Style
Donna Pilato

A Stadium Cake Pan

By January 26, 2008

I just learned about this Stadium Bundt Cake Pan from Nordic Ware (compare prices), and was wondering how many of you have used one of these theme pans. Will the cake come out of the pan? Or will it lose some of the detail in the seating area? At least this one, unlike some of the pans I've seen, doesn't require extensive decorating to understand the form. This looks really cute, and would make a nice addition to a Super Bowl buffet table if it unmolds easily.
Photo ©PriceGrabber.com

Comments

January 28, 2008 at 4:45 pm
(1) Angela Priddell says:

Hi Donna,

A bit of advice, I used to work for Williams-Sonoma as a decorator and we sold this pan, among others from nordicware, and to be honest with you if you don’t spray it generously with baklene the sucker won’t come out clean. But if you overspray it that is where you get the issues with the color of the cake once it is baked as well as little bits and pieces breaking off, an issue that can be covered by decorations but it is still a somewhat frustrating task.
Good Luck with your cake if you choose to tackle it!

Angela Priddell
Chocolate Graphics Orange County

January 28, 2008 at 10:24 pm
(2) entertaining says:

Hi Angela-
Thanks for the good advice. I know those pans have to work, since they keep on coming out with new designs. But you probably need to practice with them before actually using them for a party, to work out the little bugs you mention. -Donna

January 30, 2008 at 10:22 pm
(3) Carrie says:

Donna,
I received this pan for a Christmas present. I tried it out and it worked just fine. I did spray it good with cooking spray. I am making it again for my Super Bowl party.
Good Luck,
Carrie

October 15, 2008 at 10:49 pm
(4) April says:

I just finished making one of these. I sprayed it with Baker’s Joy (you can get it at Wal-mart). It’s a combination of Baking Spray and Flour all in one, much like the Wilton Cake Release just alot cheaper. The cake slid right out with no problem.

October 16, 2008 at 9:09 am
(5) entertaining says:

I guess it’s unanimous – you just need to grease all the nooks and crannies really well, and it will work. That should make it a lot less scary for all of chickens! – Thanks all.

January 30, 2013 at 2:48 pm
(6) Beth St. John says:

If you are not an accomplished cake decorator, what would be an easy way to decorate this stadium pan so that it looks like people are in the stands and you can make out what it is? What candies could you use or what kind of advice can you give me?

February 1, 2013 at 10:34 am
(7) Donna says:

Beth-
I don’t know whether you have the pan already but, if not, I don’t believe it’s for sale any longer – this post is from 2008. If you do have the pan, it looks to me like the people are added with frosting. I suppose you could use small candies like nerds instead.

February 2, 2013 at 3:17 pm
(8) Carol says:

Can you use any cake mix with this pan, or do we need to make a “from scratch” recipe?

Thank you!!

February 4, 2013 at 7:28 am
(9) Donna says:

The pans usually come with a specific recipe that I follow. If you want to experiment with a mix, I would try it on a cake that you make just for experimental purposes.

January 13, 2014 at 9:38 am
(10) Kiki says:

Help! I have the stadium pan, but, no instructions! Would anyone be so kind to e-mail me the instructions to making the stadium cake? Thank you!

January 29, 2014 at 10:38 pm
(11) Amy says:

Kiki…I have the recipe from the stadium pan if you want to give me your email address but you can also use any bundt recipe and just not pour all of it in (most bundt recipes are for 10-10 1/2 size and the stadium is something like 9 1/2…